One Douglas County school ranked in the top 10 percent of Oregon schools, while four were among the bottom 5 percent on annual report cards released Thursday by the Oregon Department of Education. Schools were rated from 1 to 5, with 1 being the worst and 5 the best. The majority of Douglas County’s 46 public schools rated a Level 4, meaning they fell within the 45th to 90th percentile. Roseburg’s John C. Fremont Middle School was one of 113 schools to make the top tier. The school scored high in improving test scores and in teaching students with disabilities …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees