These logs are the highlights of initial emergency calls and reports to the Douglas County Dispatch Center. They do not represent all the incidents or their final outcomes. POLICE LOG Thursday Douglas County sheriff 3:13 a.m. — A house was on fire in the 600 block of Sol Abraham Avenue, Glendale. The fire was reportedly in the attic and everyone was able to leave the building. 9:39 a.m. — A motorized bicycle and a sluice box were taken overnight from the 500 block of Leland Avenue, Canyonville. 11:57 a.m. — A woman found one horse with a smashed head and …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees