Green resident Susan Augustine lost about half her body weight between 2007 and December, dropping from 270 pounds to 137. Augustine, 50, said the change is so dramatic her own reflection sometimes surprises her. “When I walk by the mirror, I do a double take. I go, ‘Wait a minute! That’s not me. That skinny little thing is not me,’” she said. Augustine reached her goal weight in December. She said there are two secrets to her success. The first is walking. She tries to walk a mile a day, even if the walking takes place indoors on a rainy …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees