ROSEBURG Potluck set to mark Food Day Organizers from Think Local Umpqua and NeighborWorks Umpqua are planning an Oct. 24 community potluck and recipe swap to mark Umpqua Valley Food Day. The local celebration is timed to coincide with a national day set aside to promote healthy, affordable and sustainable food. Farmers, gardeners, food producers, distributors, processors and anybody else linked to the county’s food system are invited to bring a dish. It’s preferred that the dishes be made from ingredients grown or made locally. The gathering will be held from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the Phoenix Charter School …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees