The Douglas County Planning Commission will hold a public hearing Thursday on a proposal to build a natural gas pipeline through the county The Pacific Connector Gas Pipeline would carry natural gas from a hub in Malin in Klamath County to an export terminal at Coos Bay. The companies behind the proposal, pipeline company Williams and energy developer Veresen U.S. Power Inc., originally obtained permits and federal approval to import natural gas. Reacting to changing market conditions, the companies are seeking to amend the permits, including one from the county, to allow the natural gas to be sold overseas. The …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees