REEDSPORT — Fifty-one jobs are leaving Douglas County, and a once-promising manufacturing venture is closing its doors. In letters dated Oct. 8, the home office of civil engineering firm American Bridge notified the state of Oregon and the city of Reedsport of the layoff of 51 employees from the company’s Reedsport fabrication plant. “This affects all employees, all positions, and all titles,” read the letter from Human Resources Director Kathy Bonetti. Some employees worked their last day Monday. Because the company has contracts left to fulfill, the plant shutdown will be staggered over the next few weeks. Headquartered in Coraopolis, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees