A Romtec woodshop suffered extensive smoke and heat damage Wednesday from an electrical fire that started at a workbench in the building at 18240 North Bank Road. Glide Fire Chief Dan Tilson said a Romtec employee who had been working in another building reported seeing black smoke pouring from the 4,000-square-foot shop building around 5:15 p.m. Fifteen firefighters from the Glide Rural Fire Department and Douglas County Fire District No. 2 responded to the fire, with four engines and a tender. They fought the fire for about two hours. Tilson said the 8-by-3-foot workbench and tools on it were destroyed. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees