Lesser goldfinches grab a meal from a hanging feeder at a home on Woodwillow Drive in Roseburg Wednesday. Related to the American goldfinch, the state bird of Washington, lesser goldfinches can gather in groups of up to several hundred at a time. They feed on seeds and grains, in fields as well as at bird feeders. Their flocks mix with other seed-eating songbirds and are commonly seen in suburbs. They usually head for southern climates in winter.
FEATURE PHOTO: Birds enjoy a meal on the wing
Trending in: News
- BREAKING NEWS: Roseburg police identify victim in Fast Stop Market homicide, arrest local man
- UPDATE: High-speed pursuit ends in Roseburg neighborhood
- Wildfire damages Roseburg Forest Products mill in Weed, California
- Roseburg man suspected of sex abuse
- Police Log: Resident catches woman burglarizing his home in Canyonville