Lesser goldfinches grab a meal from a hanging feeder at a home on Woodwillow Drive in Roseburg Wednesday. Related to the American goldfinch, the state bird of Washington, lesser goldfinches can gather in groups of up to several hundred at a time. They feed on seeds and grains, in fields as well as at bird feeders. Their flocks mix with other seed-eating songbirds and are commonly seen in suburbs. They usually head for southern climates in winter.
- UPDATE: Semi rolls off road on Interstate 5 near Yoncalla (video)
- Police log: Signs posted saying man had impregnated two teenage girls
- Police log: Man throws hot chicken at neighbor, threatens people with big fork
- Alek Skarlatos awarded highest U.S. Army medal for subduing gunman on train to Paris
- City looking to lease Willis House to graphic designer