YMCA fitness instructor Patti Hagan wants her students to pick up drumsticks and play their way to better health. Exercisers drummed large rubber balls set on upturned buckets at Hagan’s Drums Alive fitness course Thursday morning at the YMCA of Douglas County. The drummers accompanied a variety of tunes, from the recent hit “Gangnam Style” by the Korean singer Psy to Steppenwolf’s 1968 chart-topper “Born to Be Wild.” Younger members hopped and slid energetically to the music. Older members kept up the beat while moving more gently to the rhythm. The amateur percussionists said the course is easier to learn …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees