Characters of all descriptions descended on downtown Roseburg streets late Thursday afternoon during the annual Neewollah Parade. Participating merchants stood by to offer candy to costumed children pounding the pavement with adult companions. Though clouds hovered throughout the day, nothing but leaves fell from the sky on paraders making the most of Halloween night. Above: Roseburg residents Paloma Bautista, right, and Karla Alcantar, both 15, hand out candy to Nathan Wayman, 9, of Winston …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees