Martin enjoys 100th birthday Margaret (Lundin) Martin commemorated her 100th birthday with 18 family members who took her to brunch at the Apple Peddler Restaurant in Sutherlin. A huge party with friends and relatives took place later at the Holiday Gardens. The eldest of five children, Margaret was born Nov. 10, 1912, in Sea Cliff, Long Island, N.Y. As a small child, she remembers moving with her Norwegian mother and Swedish father to Glen Cove, Long Island, where her father built their home. Unfortunately, some munitions stored nearby just before the end of World War I caught fire. Margaret says, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees