Churches enjoy 50th together Stan and Linda Church recently celebrated their 50th anniversary with a cruise to Alaska. Linda Case married Stanley Church Oct. 5, 1962, in Long Beach, Calif. They have lived in Douglas County since 1972. Before retiring in 2006, Stan worked in the grocery business. He began in California, then continued with Richard’s Food Center in Myrtle Creek. When the company was sold to Drive-n-Save, Stan worked for that franchise. Eventually, he purchased one of their buildings and opened his own grocery, Stan’s Myrtle Creek Market. Meanwhile, Linda was employed in civil service for the county of …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees