NPSO schedules learning events The Umpqua Chapter of the Native Plant Society of Oregon will present “Landscaping with Native Plants” at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 10, at the Douglas County Museum of Natural History, 123 Museum Drive, Roseburg. Chapter members will share knowledge of native plants suitable for landscaping using a slide show presentation along with specimen plants and free informative handouts. The public is welcome to attend. Weather permitting, there will also be a work party beginning at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, at the public garden in Roseburg. The group will move plants to new locations within the …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees