DAR seeks 1924 bridge marker The Umpqua Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution will have a no-host luncheon and meeting at noon Saturday, Jan. 12, at Chi’s Garden Restaurant, 528 S.E. Stephens St., Roseburg. This meeting will focus on promoting historic preservation by placing, repairing, or replacing DAR markers at historic sites throughout the state. Jan Delano will give a presentation on efforts to locate the historic Pioneer Bridge in Canyonville, which was dedicated in 1924 by the Umpqua chapter. Anyone interested in DAR or the presentation is invited. Information: 541-459-2309. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees