Fred Smith, a charter member of the Douglas CARES board of directors, will be honored at a retirement celebration scheduled for 5 to 7 p.m. Jan. 31. The event will be held in the multi-purpose room at Phoenix School, 3131 N.E. Diamond Lake Blvd. Smith has been a member of the CARES board since it was established in 1994. He helped build and grow the nonprofit agency whose mission is to assist in evaluating children who have suffered alleged physical or sexual abuse. He’s a past vice president and president of the CARES board. Hors d’oeuvres will be prepared and …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees