EUGENE — Little went right for the Umpqua Community College women’s basketball game against second-ranked Lane Wednesday night. The Riverhawks shot 24 percent from the field and gave up 26 points off turnovers in an 89-58 Southern Region loss. Umpqua (17-9, 7-6 South) dropped into a tie with Southwestern Oregon for fourth place in the league race with one regular season game remaining. Jordan Wilcox scored 22 points off the bench — hitting seven 3-point field goals — for the Titans (25-2, 11-2), who led 45-25 at halftime. Megan Shields added 16 points. Rachel Sample and Kyndal Charleston each scored …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees