EUGENE — Four Oregon pitchers combined for 15 strikeouts to lead the No. 14 Ducks to a 3-1 non-conference win over Portland on Tuesday night at PK Park. Christian Jones, making his first start since May 28, 2011, because of an elbow injury that forced him to miss all of last season, allowed just two hits in three innings while striking out five. Jeff Gold, who didn’t allow a base runner, fanned seven in four innings to pick up his first win of the season. Freshman Garrett Cleavinger went an inning-plus striking out two before giving way to All-American closer …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees