Just sayin’ In response to letters appearing Feb. 24, I feel Coach Freeman should invite the first letter writer (a local resident) to appear before his wrestling team as a motivational speaker. It would probably go as follows: You young men work hard day in and day out trying to make it to the state championship, sacrificing your social life and having to keep a close watch on your diet. But for those of you who have been there twice and haven’t come home with a championship in your weight class, it may be time to give it up. You …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees