Age 93, of Sutherlin, Oregon, passed away Monday, March 4, 2013, at her home. She was born August 1, 1919, in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, to John and Edith Young. Arlene lived in Calabasas, California, Mtn. View, California and Seattle, Washington, prior to moving to Sutherlin in 1998. She enjoyed snow skiing, traveling in their motor home and most of all she enjoyed being with her children. Arlene was a member of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church in Sutherlin. Survivors include her husband, of 77 years Melvin Horsmann; daughters: Myrna Solmi and her husband Gary; Rae Johnson and her husband Park; six grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild. Arlene was preceded in death by her parents and brothers Bert and Jack. A memorial service will held Saturday, March 9, 2013, at 4 p.m. at the Seventh-Day Adventist Church in Sutherlin. Pastor Ben Bilan will officiate. Private inurnment will be within the grounds of Valley View Cemetery in Sutherlin. The family would like to thank Home Sweet Home and Kimberly Young for Arlene’s care. Please visit www.sutherlinchapeloftherosesfh.com to sign the online guest book and to leave the family fond memories and condolences. Sutherlin Chapel of the Roses is in charge of arrangements.
ARLENE “MEMA” HORSMANN
Trending in: Announcements
- Former Roseburg residents honor passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 93
- WEDDING: Woodward-Cross
- Club News: Roseburg Elks have Oktoberfest fundraiser Sept. 20
- Club News: Umpqua Valley Audubon Society offers field trip to get the rap on raptors Sept. 27; reservations due by Sept. 19
- Military Note: Hopkins, Brendon M.
- BREAKING NEWS: Roseburg police identify victim in Fast Stop Market homicide, arrest local man
- UMPQUA NATIONAL FOREST: Crews contain forest fire, restrictions in effect
- Community remembers murdered Roseburg mother of four
- Police release few details in Tuesday murder case
- UPDATE: High-speed pursuit ends in Roseburg neighborhood