From two mothers in Garden Valley mixing oats, nuts and dried fruit at a kitchen table, Umpqua Oats has expanded into an international business. Sheri Price, 41, and Mandy Holborow, 34, have seen their company grow in its first four years from making snacks for their soccer-playing kids to supplying coffee shops at every U.S. major airport. Subsequently, the two women and co-owners Norm Price, Sheri’s husband, and Chris Holborow, Mandy’s ex-husband, were forced late last year to deal with the company’s growth and future. For better production, travel and food service options, the owners decided to move the company. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees