Unemployed John Jones wandered the aisles at the recent Employer and Career Expo, reading fliers and asking questions and hoping to get a lead on a job. Jones was one of 414 job seekers who registered and participated in the sixth annual expo March 13 at the Douglas County Fairgrounds. There were 53 businesses and service agencies or groups who provided information and support. Jones, a Roseburg resident, said he had been unemployed for too long — six months — and that he’d never before had this much trouble getting work. He said he had applied at more than 100 …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees