EUGENE — Despite early struggles typical of most freshmen, University of Oregon baseball coach George Horton isn’t giving up on Roseburg High graduate Josh Graham. Given the chance to start on Sunday, Graham rewarded Horton’s patience with the biggest game of his young career. Graham, a true-freshman catcher, went 2-for-3 with three RBIs to help the 13th-ranked Ducks build a five-run lead over Arizona and hold on for a 7-6 win, completing a series sweep of the defending National Champions at PK Park. The Ducks (18-6, 5-1 Pac-12) took a 7-3 lead into the ninth inning but the Wildcats (15-11, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees