DRAIN — Umpqua Valley Christian and North Douglas did nothing to dispel the notion that the Big Fir League will be pitcher-dominated on Tuesday. Thirty-four of the 42 outs in the game were recorded via strikeout, and UVC’s Jake Forrester had 18 of them in a one-hitter to lead the Monarchs to an 8-1 victory. For Forrester, the complete-game one-hitter was his second straight and third of the season. He conceded just two walks and hit two batters, and also went 1-for-3 with a pair of runs scored at the plate in the District 4 matchup. His counterpart, the Warriors’ …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees