CENTRAL POINT — Sophomore Gabrielle Kearney won three events, setting personal bests in the javelin and discus, to lead the Roseburg girls track and field team to a 92-53 win over Crater in a Southwest Conference dual meet Wednesday at Dutch Meyer Field. Senior Zack Moffitt scaled a PR 13-1 in the pole vault, but the Roseburg boys dropped an 83-62 decision to the Comets. Kearney’s throw of 136 feet, 2 inches in the javelin ranks second in the state behind Haley Crouser of Gresham. Kearney won the discus at 113-7, a PR, and the shot put at 34-0. Other …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees