The weather — aside from a dose of rain — cooperated, allowing the track and field athletes to turn in some impressive performances at the 38th annual Jim Robinson Twilight Invitational Saturday at Finlay Field. The non-scoring meet featured 22 teams, including 6A Roseburg and 4A Douglas of Winston. North Valley junior Kerissa D’Arpino would be the top candidate for the Athlete of the Meet after sweeping the three sprint races. D’Arpino won the 100 in 12.28 seconds, the 200 in 25.86 and broke the meet record in the 400 with a time of 57.87. Sophomore Gabrielle Kearney was the …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees