Makinna Akers limited Crater to seven hits on the afternoon and Roseburg moved within a half-game of North Medford in the Southern Oregon Hybrid softball race Saturday with 4-1 and 12-2 wins at Stewart Park. The second game was stopped after five inning due to the mercy rule. The Indians (11-3, 6-1 SOH) have won six straight. Akers, a senior right-hander, hurled a four-hitter in the opener with nine strikeouts and one walk. The Tribe broke a 1-1 tie with three runs in the bottom of the fifth inning. Roseburg only finished with five hits. Megan Larkin doubled and knocked …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees