Oakland High senior David Henry achieved another wrestling “Triple Crown” at the recent Oregon State Junior Freestyle and Greco Championships at Corvallis High School. Henry, representing the Roseburg Mat Club, beat the field at 220 pounds in freestyle and Greco. Among his victims were Cody Crawford of Cascade, a Class 4A state champion who’s headed to Oregon State University, and Austin Faunce of Lake Oswego, a 6A state champ. “It was pretty cool … it was fun,” said Henry, who rolled to the 220-pound championship at the 2A/1A state tournament in Portland in February. “I was really prepared for it …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees