A Josephine County judge has dismissed a defamation lawsuit filed by Republican Art Robinson that claimed U.S. Rep. Peter DeFazio twisted his words on campaign billboards. DeFazio, who won the election, stood by the accuracy of the messages, which appeared on billboards in Roseburg and other cities in the 4th Congressional District. “The voters didn’t buy Robinson’s many stunts and neither did the court,” DeFazio said Wednesday in a written statement. “It was simply another ploy by Robinson to distract voters from the policy issues that really mattered just before the election.” Robinson did not return a call today. The …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees