A Roseburg boy injured when he was hit by a car while riding his bicycle was in good spirits and scheduled to have surgery today to repair his leg, his stepfather said Tuesday. Andre Heining, 11, was riding west on Harvard Avenue at about 4:15 p.m. Monday when he was struck by a 2006 Dodge Durango as he crossed Stanton Street. He was listed in fair condition today at Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel in Portland, where he was flown by air ambulance Monday. Andre will celebrate his 12th birthday in the hospital today. “He’s doing good,” stepfather Mike …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees