A bike and pedestrian trail could connect Templin Beach and Micelli parks in Roseburg by summer’s end. The Roseburg City Council is expected to decide July 22 whether to hire Professional Underground Services of Eugene to complete the job for $116,000. The parks commission last week recommended hiring Professional Underground, the low bidder. Public Works Director Nikki Messenger said construction would likely begin in August and take about a month. She said the path will be paved and about 10 feet wide. It will begin at Templin Avenue and travel along city property parallel to the South Umpqua River, ending …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees