Small fires erupted throughout Douglas County as crews responded Monday and today to blazes in Tiller, Glendale, the Callahans west of Roseburg and the Wild Horse area east of Sutherlin. Fire crews today continued to mop up a fire in the 3000 block of Tiller Trail Highway, the largest of the blazes at 25 acres. The fire started around 4:30 p.m. three miles northeast of Tiller and burned grass, brush and 10-year-old trees before being stopped. “Those younger tree units, when they ignite they typically burn real hot and really fast, so it was really an amazing stop by our …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees