Stanfill-Bates Megan Rae Stanfill and Levi James Bates have announced their engagement and plans for a Sept. 2 wedding at the Community Center in Winston. Megan is the daughter of Russell Stanfill of Coos Bay and Candy Stanfill of Glide. Megan attended Glide High School for her freshman and sophomore years, where she enjoyed playing softball. She then transferred to Douglas High School in Winston and graduated in 2013. She’s now considering EMT classes at Umpqua Community College. Levi is the son of Dennis and Christina Bates of Sutherlin. Levi attended Douglas High School in Winston for his freshman and …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees