Ling earns Eagle Scout James Ling of Roseburg, son of the late Eric and Carol Ling, has achieved the rank of Eagle, the highest award in Boy Scouts. A scout must earn a minimum of 21 merit badges and plan, garner support for, then complete a service project to attain his Eagle rank. James has earned 23 badges and finished his project. His Eagle award Court of Honor took place at Western Oregon School of Aviation in Roseburg on June 15. Scoutmaster Stu Carlson of Troop 112 presented the award. The troop is sponsored by Glide Community Club. In 2005, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees