Veterans residing at Riverview Terrace Retirement Center of Roseburg, along with Veterans of Foreign Wars members, got a ticket to ride Wednesday when the Ageless Aviation Dreams Foundation brought a 1940 Boeing Stearman to the Roseburg Regional Airport. As part of the foundation’s Day of Recognition, organizers offered free flights and recognized public safety departments for community service. The event was sponsored by Pacific Air Comfort of Roseburg and was timed to coincide with the 12th anniversary of 9/11. The Stearman was used to train military aviators in the late 1930s and early 1940s. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees