I’ve had the pleasure of working on behalf of Roseburg chamber members and Douglas County businesses for the past 11 years. I’ve come to know this business community as the most resilient of the cities, both rural and metropolitan, I have worked in during my 30-year career. At the heart of why chambers of commerce exist, it’s about working to secure economic freedom for everyone — employers and employees. Working for business is working for job creation. Economic freedom starts with a good job. And, for long-term strength and sustainability, those jobs must be private sector-driven. We are honored to …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees