A 19-year-old Sutherlin man who stole a car but drove it into a fence, swiped a stolen bank card but didn’t get any cash before the victim deactivated it and stuffed stolen merchandise into a backpack at Walmart only to discard much of the loot as he fled was sentenced Friday to three years in prison. Dylan Cole Lewis racked up three dozen charges during a crime spree that began in June and ended in November. Lewis pleaded guilty or no-contest Friday to 15 charges, while the other 21 were dismissed in exchange. Lewis pleaded no-contest to a car theft …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees