There are almost 60,000 titles in this small bookstore. And plenty to go with a good book, says Peggy Cheatham, owner of While Away Books. Maybe a cup of coffee or tea, an espresso or a homemade baked good. If a visitor is not in a hurry, there are a couple of cozy corners in the store in which to peruse books and enjoy a beverage or a bite. The store also sells greeting cards, bookmarks, letter openers and art by local artisans and crafters. While Away Books, 932 W. Harvard Ave. in Roseburg, was established in 1994 by Karen …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees