Seasons greetings to all! As the year 2012 draws to a close, I thought to reflect on what was good and bad about the things we experienced. I am not going to go into the big picture. I will leave that to Katie Couric, et al. Instead, let’s talk about our very own community, both citywide and communitywide. Winston has made some significant decisions that should have an excellent impact on the city as a whole. One of our proudest days came Oct. 25, when we dedicated our new boat ramp, only 25-plus years in the making. The beautiful spot, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees