DEAR BRUCE: I am a 75-year-old widower. I own my house, and my daughter, who is 53, lives with me. I was thinking of adding my daughter’s name to the deed and am not sure if this would be a good idea. What are the pros and cons? — Reader, via email DEAR READER: I have said many times that if you put your child’s name on the deed to your house and then he or she gets into financial difficulty — perhaps a severe automobile accident where the insurance is a little thin — your house could be in …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees