One of the great disadvantages of growing older (and by “older” I mean over 18) is that you have fewer choices left. It’s a wonderful age, 18. You are at the point where you consider yourself an adult, even though you really aren’t. You can vote. You can open a bank account (if you have any money) without your parents’ consent. You can decide what profession you want to follow and whether you want to get married, and to whom. You are at the age where you can even rebel completely against parental oversight (dictatorship, if you will) and go …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees