When it comes to providing value to customers, size isn’t everything — personalized service is. This important fact can help distinguish small, mom-and-pop businesses from big-box chain stores. It gives small businesses a powerful competitive edge in an age when more consumers expect a high level of service and responsiveness. Your position on the front line of your business gives you direct access to your customers’ needs, attitudes and opinions. You know the kinds of products or services they want, when they want them and how best to deliver them. To gain these valuable insights, you need to assess what …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees