After years of being out of town through the work week, Chris Lavington found a way to stay at home full time, and indulge a passion. He and his wife, Elaine, purchased Charley’s BBQ at 812 W. Harvard Ave., Roseburg, a couple of months ago. “I’m living my dream,” Chris Lavington said. “I love cooking, I love being at home.” Lavington had worked for BASF, an international chemical company, for 24 years. For five years, the Lavingtons lived in Texas, where he learned about barbecuing from friends. He competed in barbecue contests. The Lavingtons moved to Roseburg 17 years ago …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees