GREEN — The timing to purchase his own business was initially good for Marvin DeVoogd. He needed a new challenge in the auto body business, and he wanted out of the office and back to where he could reconnect with customers. After he weighed the options, he left his body shop management position at Clint Newell Motors in Roseburg in 2008 and went to work at Horizon Auto Body with the intention of purchasing that business. About a year later in 2009, with the help of a small business loan, DeVoogd completed the deal to buy the 24-year-old body shop …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees