STEAMBOAT — Two local wineries will be part of the 2013 Guest Chef & Winemaker Dinner Series at Steamboat Inn this spring. Stephen and Gloria Reustle of Reustle Prayer Rock Vineyards of Umpqua kick off the series when it begins this Saturday at the country inn along the North Umpqua River and within the Umpqua National Forest. Earl and Hilda Jones of Abacela Vineyards & Winery of Winston will pour their wines May 18. As usual, the dinner series also will attract some of the finest Portland-area chefs and other well-known restaurants from around the region. Now in its 23rd …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees