The Roseburg Area Chamber of Commerce has spent considerable time and effort lately on issues related to the 77th Oregon Legislature. Last November, the RACC board approved our government affairs team’s 2013-14 public affairs and legislative agenda. RACC’s agenda is posted on the chamber’s website. It identifies business priorities on local, state and federal levels with emphasis on this year’s state legislative session. During the initial weeks of the session, RACC has worked with the Oregon State Chamber, chambers from around Oregon and other business organizations to challenge legislation that would impede local businesses from creating jobs. This includes taking …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees