Abacela Winery is deserving of a toast. The Winston winery was recently named the 2013 Oregon Winery of the Year by Wine Press Northwest, a wine industry magazine. Abacela’s selection and announcement was made shortly after three of its wines earned Platinum Awards at the recent Wine Press Northwest’s 2012 Platinum Judging. That competition is by invitation only and consists of wines that won a gold medal in the United States or beyond during that calendar year. Abacela’s three award-winning wines were its 2011 Albariño, 2011 Grenache rosé and 2009 port. “It’s a very prestigious recognition,” said Andrew Wenzl, Abacela’s …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees