LOOKINGGLASS — Brad Ferner was the overall winner in the five-mile race, while Kelly Fullerton was the top woman in Saturday’s annual Lookingglass Block Run/Walk. Ferner covered the course in 28 minutes, 53 seconds. Jose Flores was second (30:33) and Ian Pinard third (21:13). Fullerton was clocked in 33:35. In the two-mile race, Roseburg junior Ben Rodriguez was the winner in 10:59. The event, which is a fundraiser for the Roseburg High cross country program, attracted 212 runners. RHS cross country coach Nathan Eckman has organized the run the past 15 years. “It was like the greatest day ever today,” …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees