A former Roseburg man accused of sexually assaulting a child more than a decade ago was back in Douglas County Circuit Court on Monday for the first time since the Oregon Supreme Court ruled key evidence could be used against him. John Richard Davis, 49, who now lives in Peoria, Ariz., was handed paperwork to fill out after he requested a court-appointed attorney during a brief hearing. “I’m seeking counsel now,” Davis told Judge William Marshall during an appearance in the same court in which he was put on trial in 2008. Davis faces 14 counts alleging he abused a …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees