Hello! I would like to take a minute to introduce myself. I am Sandy Lipphardt, president of the Winston-Dillard Area Chamber of Commerce. I own a small bookstore in Winston. I just returned from the annual Winston-Dillard Seniors Spaghetti Feed. Along with the spaghetti, there was a dessert auction. Much fun, although I do not know what the two of us will do with a German chocolate cake and a basketful of brownies. The city of Winston is in the midst of re-branding the town as “The Home of Wildlife Safari.” We are planning new banners, sponsored by various businesses, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees