A Winston man convicted of texting racy images of a 15-year-old girl when he was 17 is back in custody, suspected of probation violations that could send him to prison for approximately four years. Aaron Thomas Martin, 19, pleaded no contest in January to encouraging child sex abuse and was sentenced to five years on probation. A more serious charge of taking the picture was dropped. The plea deal allowed Martin to avoid prison, but required him to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life and left a prison term of 46 to 50 months hanging …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees